- Item # 1571271
- Model # SUCCESSOR
The Heritage Audio Successor is a fully Carnhill transformer-coupled input and output unit and a true stereo diode-bridge based bus compressor with advanced sidechain filtering and built-in parallel p… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Input and output unit with true stereo bus compression.
The Heritage Audio Successor is a fully Carnhill transformer-coupled input and output unit and a true stereo diode-bridge based bus compressor with advanced sidechain filtering and built-in parallel processing capabilities, sharing the Class A 73 type output stage that Heritage Audio is known for. Traditionally bus compression has been taken care of by VCA style devices, based on ICs, which are wholly unrelated to the warmth, fatness and the character associated with discrete Class A technology, including chunky transformers and diode bridge-based gain reduction. Successor brings all these and more. Based on legendary vintage diode bridge designs, it keeps the sonic character of such units, but the added features make it a beast of its own and will make your mixes shine in modern production environments. Ultra-fast attack and releases allow for larger than life drum bus compression sounds, while the complex sidechain filter lets you tailor your mix in ways not previously available. From FET like, all-buttons-in drum sounds (now in stereo!) to VCA style mix bus with added warmth and fatness only transformers can bring, the Heritage Audio Successor is designed to stay hooked up to your mix bus and make your mixes shine through.
- True Stereo operation on single controls with matched gain cells for extremely precise left/right tracking
- Compression tracking works in Oxford mode (highest signal takes over compression opposed to summing left and right channels)
- Carnhill-based, transformer-coupled balanced inputs and outputs for added character and vintage vibe
- ´73 style class A output stages bring the desired ´73 sound to your mix or drum buses
- Ultra-fast attack and release time options never found in vintage designs for far more flexible settings
- Complex sidechain filtering options work with the already common high pass filters
- Sidechain SEND and RETURN connections allow for external sidechain signals or further external processing of the internal one
- Blend control offers built-in parallel compression without any external equipment
- Blend ON/OFF button allows for instant comparison in between WET and DRY signals
- Stepped controls for easy recall of settings