Master bus stereo asymptotic equalizer.
The Heritage Audio Stereo Asymptotic Equalizer, affectionately known as Symph EQ, takes its name from the shape obtained by its shelf curves; where the boost or cut amplitude grows up until the asymptotic value is reached, keeping the ultra highs and sub lows always controlled. Its sound can only be described as tight, sweet and natural, and its use of parallel equalizing to obtain the desired response curves makes it to have exceptional low phase deviation and artifacts. A smart circuit layout allows for a maximum boost/cut of 10.5 dB in 0.5 dB steps. The main rotary switch sets 1dB steps whilst the 0.5 button adds half a dB to the main reading. The CUT button turns the boost amount into cut. Six strategically selected frequency choices per band are available. In order to keep the sub-low and ultra-high frequency content well under control, further high-pass and low-pass filters have been added on dual concentric rotary switches, at 12dB/octave. Five frequency choices plus Off are available on each.
- Input impedance: 10 Kiloohms bridging. Input is transformer balanced and floating
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated)
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 ohms
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Noise: Less than -89dBu , EQ flat
- Carnhill based, transformer-coupled balanced inputs and outputs for added character and vintage vibe
- 73 style class A output stages bring the desired 73 sound to your mix or instrument buses
- Stepped controls for easy recall of settings