Clean, overdriven tones and dynamic response recreated from the original Silvertone Twin Twelve amplifier.
The new 1484 Twin Twelve can be used as a studio-grade preamp, booster, EQ or overdrive, depending on how the controls are set. It takes the exact schematic from the original Silvertone Twin Twelve and replaces all the vacuum tubes with JFETs—a unique type of transistor that behaves very much like vacuum tubes. These JFETs are what give the 1484 Twin Twelve the same touch sensitivity and dynamic response as the original amplifier. To gain every bit of performance and tone out of the JFETs, Jackson Audio built a robust power supply including a voltage doubler, which internally converts 9V to 18V.
Each 1484 Twin Twelve is built by hand using top-quality parts, including a polished stainless steel enclosure, just like the original amplifier chassis. Though the Silvertone Twin Twelve’s original knobs are no longer being made, Jackson Audio had them custom manufactured to recreate the classic look, in a size appropriate to the pedal’s dimensions. The 1484 Twin Twelve also includes a soft-click true bypass foot switch.
- Meticulous recreation of the original Silvertone Twin Twelve
- Can be used as a studio-grade preamp, booster, EQ or overdrive
- Replaces the original vacuum tubes with JFETs
- Voltage doubler which internally converts 9V to 18V for more dynamic response
- Hand-built with a polished stainless steel enclosure
- Custom-manufactured knobs to recreate the look of the original
- Soft-click true bypass foot switch