A high-performance dual 6.5" active line array speaker from JBL.
The SRX906LA dual 6.5" powered line array speaker embodies the advanced performance principles that make a real difference in the world of professional audio. This powered line array addresses the growing need for affordable, scalable small and medium-format professional sound-reinforcement solutions. It’s ideal for those seeking the ultimate combination of performance and portability.
The SRX906LA’s outstanding sonic performance is based on time-tested JBL technologies. Custom-engineered and manufactured, high-power-handling transducers deliver extremely low distortion, high fidelity and class-leading output. Precision waveguides provide accurate pattern control for intelligibility and definition that is unmatched in this category. A full suite of user-configurable DSP and design-and-management software tools provides hands-on control from a computer or mobile device, making design, deployment and control a breeze. SRX906LA’s cabinet architecture is thoughtfully engineered for easy handling, fast rigging, minimal space displacement and streamlined transport.
Because these powered line array loudspeakers are scalable and affordable, you can start small and expand over time. All SRX900 models work seamlessly with other JBL touring PA systems. Whether you’re expanding your setup or building a new system from the ground up, count on SRX900 series powered line arrays to deliver the power and performance you expect from JBL.
Note: Power cable not included. A True1 cable will need to be purchased separately for operation.
Intelligibility and Definition Come First
Taking inspiration from JBL’s flagship VTX line, the SRX906LA’s custom-designed and manufactured transducers, coupled with JBL’s innovative horn and waveguide designs, deliver superior performance and output usually only available in more expensive three-way systems.
SRX906LA woofers are based on JBL’s proprietary Differential Drive dual-voice coil, dual-gap arrangement design, which delivers better heat dissipation, lower power compression and wider dynamic range than conventional single-coil designs. Transducers feature neodymium magnet structures, and heat sinks are integrated into driver frames. It all adds up to extended frequency response, high power capacity and low distortion in an incredibly lightweight driver assembly.
The SRX906LA’s 2432H-3 compression driver features a neodymium magnet structure, 3" titanium diaphragm and a 1.5" exit, for crisp transients, superior dynamic range and extended sensitivity beyond 10kHz, for truly linear high-frequency response at any output level.
The SRX906LA line arrays are based on JBL's groundbreaking Radiation Boundary Integrator design, first introduced in the flagship VTX series. The patented RBI device mounts both the high and low-frequency transducers on a single horn, improving horizontal dispersion while minimizing cabinet size. A precision waveguide provides perfect cabinet-to-cabinet summation for seamless front-to-back coverage, and a large horn extends low-frequency control and reduces unwanted energy behind the array.
Versatile, Scalable and Affordable
Because JBL systems are scalable, it’s easy to start with a small setup and add components over time. SRX906LA is designed to work seamlessly with other JBL touring sound products, thanks to common voicing targets and phase characteristics.
The SRX906LA features a DSP package that provides everything you need to optimize and tune their systems, including 24-band parametric EQ, 2,000ms of delay and gain control. JBL’s proprietary Array Size Compensation (ASC) filter corrects for different array sizes, while the FIR-based Throw Distance Compensation (TDC) filter compensates air-imposed sound loss, for more uniform sound distribution without having to spend hours measuring and tuning the system. An internal noise generator can be used to test the system without the need for a console.
LevelMax Limiters Protect Your Investment
The SRX906LA’s advanced LevelMax limiter suite, codeveloped by JBL and Crown engineers for Crown’s I-Tech HD professional touring amplifiers, uses sophisticated excursion-control algorithms to protect transducers from mechanical damage. RMS limiting and long-term thermal protection keep transducer temperatures under control, ensuring reliable operation under any conditions.
The SRX906LA supports HARMAN's new HControl ethernet protocol, which brings advances in stability, reduces network traffic load and removes the need for complex IP addresses. You can simply set a numerical value to each device for easy identification. Two switched network ports offer simplified networking for daisy-chaining. SRX906LA line arrays are equipped with Ethernet ports to facilitate monitoring and configuring the system over the network. Because SRX products use standard Ethernet protocols, you can take advantage of inexpensive networking products, such as Ethernet switches and Wi-Fi access points.
Seamless Software Control
The SRX906LA’s unified software suite lets you manage system design, control and deployment functions on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android platforms. Use JBL LAC-3 simulation software for system design and the new, cross-platform JBL Performance application for system management; transfer rigging information via the Array Link iOS/Android companion app. A rear-panel LCD screen provides full-on speaker access to control features, making it easy for you to troubleshoot large systems or configure small systems right onscreen.
The Power of Powered Systems
Because SRX906LA line arrays are self-powered, you never have to worry about matching components or lugging amp racks. Custom Class-D amplifiers are designed from the ground up for optimal performance alongside matched SRX900 transducers; amps are passively cooled, with no open holes that could allow water or dust to enter the electronics. A universal switching mode power supply works on any voltage between 100 and 250V, and a low power mode kicks in when no audio is detected, saving energy. Up to eight SRX906 speakers can be connected to the same power circuit (depending on region), minimizing cable complexities and cutting costs.
Fast, Safe, Easy Rigging
SRX906LA systems are designed for both portable and installed applications and can be deployed in a variety of configurations, from pole-mounted to ground-stacked to flown arrays of up to 16 cabinets. A three-point rigging system, adapted from VTX technologies, makes suspending systems safe and easy, regardless of system size or user experience level. Set splay angles on the ground; cabinets lock into place as the system is lifted. The rear rigging spine serves as an additional heatsink for added cooling. Available accessories include array frames, base plates, pole-mount and truss-clamp adapters, cases, carts and covers.
Pro Build Quality, Inside and Out
JBL SRX906LA line array loudspeakers are housed in reinforced composite enclosures. FEA-optimized cabinets offer excellent size-to-weight ratio and are acoustically optimized for superior performance: Four large, double-flared low-frequency ports allow airflow even when driving the system to the limit, for natural, effortless bass response; flares control air velocity at the ports' exit, eliminating interference noise at the grille. CAD-optimized stiffeners minimize flex. Speakers are designed for a clean, modern look, with enclosed side panels and integrated handles. Like every JBL speaker, SRX906LA speakers undergo 100 hours of rigorous stress testing to ensure they will perform flawlessly and reliably in real-world conditions.
- Frequency response: 63Hz–17kHz (–10dB)
- Horizontal dispersion: 120°
- Audio I/O: (2) Neutrik XLR
- Low frequency: (2) JBL 2186G 6.5" diameter, dual 2" voice coil, neodymium Differential Drive
- High frequency: (1) JBL 2432H-3 1.5" exit neodymium compression driver with 3" voice coil
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 19.5" x 19.9" x 16.5"
- Weight: 37 lb.
- High-performance, high-density system solution in a truck-pack friendly format
- High-power-handling transducers deliver extremely low distortion, high fidelity and class-leading output
- Precision waveguides provide exact pattern control
- User-controllable DSP includes 24-band parametric EQ, delay, JBL Array Size Compensation and FIR-based Throw Distance Compensation filters
- LevelMax limiting uses sophisticated excursion-control algorithms to protect transducers from mechanical damage
- Integrated into JBL Performance, Line Array Calculator 3 and Array Link applications
- Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI) mounts transducers on a single horn, improving horizontal directivity while minimizing cabinet size
- Differential Drive dual-voice coil, dual-gap woofer design delivers better heat dissipation, lower power compression and wider dynamic range than single-coil designs
- Built-in, passively cooled Class-D amplification
- Rear-panel LCD provides complete access to control features
- Dual Neutrik etherCON connectors
- Supports HARMAN HControl ethernet protocol for improved network performance and simplified network management
- Innovative three-point rigging system makes suspending systems easy and safe, regardless of system size or user experience level
- Reinforced composite loudspeaker enclosures are acoustically optimized and designed for a clean, modern look
- Enclosed side panels with integrated handles simplify storage and transport
- Available accessories include array frames, pole-mount and truss-clamp adapters, cases, carts and covers
- Power cable not included (a True1 cable will need to be purchased separately for operation)