Phono stage with remote control and audiophile-grade components.
Clean, quiet, and flexibile, the Manley Steelhead is a tweak-o-holic tube-lover’s dream. Two MC inputs have selectable impedance matching via the beautifully designed autoformers. Resistive load settings for the MM input and any capacitive loading from 0 to 1100pF will mate the Steelhead perfectly to any cartridge with audiophile-grade components used throughout.
- Power consumption: 100 watts
- Outboard Power Supply: 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage
- Operating Mains Voltage: 120 to 240VAC operation changeable with power transformer re-wiring via internal switch and fuse value change
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- PSU Regulation good for 65% rated voltage: 75VAC for 117V unit or 150VAC for 234V wired unit
- Chassis dimensions: Steelhead: 19 wide x 3.5 tall x 15.5 deep - PSU: 13.5 wide x 4.5 tall x 11.375 deep
- PSU umbilical cord length: 5 1/2 feet approx. 1.65m
- All the inputs show up via standard RCA jacks
- The motorized volume control has a smooth action when turned by hand or one can control it via the REMORA REMOTE push buttons
- Badge illumination uses nice looking white LEDs which will never burn out
- Output Muting relays changed to short outputs if power is turned off
- Output Muting relays short out the outputs if power is turned off preventing unwanted bangs or pop noises
- The SLEEP button puts the unit into standby conserving power and tube life
- The audio (audible) circuitry has remained largely unchanged since the first Steelhead shipped in 2001