- Item # 1480373
- Model # 10Y18HD28SUNBURST
Martin's HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been the industry standard si… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Vintage Martin tone meets modern playability.
Martin's HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been the industry standard since 1931.Martin’s "Golden Era" of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This “Golden Era” bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result, everyone wanted one. Vintage Tone Meets Modern PlayabilityToday, you can get that vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar in the HD-28 Standard Dreadnought, with its vintage forward-shifted scalloped X-bracing pattern. For improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, this HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be similar to that of an electric guitar. Includes case. Iconic, powerful, timeless. Order today.
- Antique white binding
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Diamonds and Squares fingerboard inlay pattern
- Choose Amber Burst, Sunburst or Aged Toner top
Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce Top
- Back & sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/16 Forward-Shifted, Scalloped X Bracing
- Body finish: All Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval, with Performing Artist Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 14 clear of the body, 20 total
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood Headplate
- Tuning machines: Nickel, Open-geared
- Bridge: Ebony w/ Drop in Bone Saddle
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: US