Birch-handle marimba mallets with wool and rubber heads available
Mike Balter Basics II Series percussion mallets build on the quality of the original Basics Series, but with a more advanced player in mind, with a variety of models optimized to get multiple sounds out of your concert percussion instrument without breaking the bank. These Balter Basics II marimba mallets feature a sturdy, lightweight birch handle and your choice of either an oblong black wool head or round rubber head. The wool heads produce a full, rich tone and come in three hardness levels, with color-coded trim for quick and convenient switching. The rubber head works for general marimba playing and is also ideal for wood blocks, temple blocks and an array of percussion instruments.
- Two head types: oblong black wool or round black rubber
- Wool heads have 3 levels of hardness with color-coded trim
- Rubber head works for a variety of percussion instruments
- Sturdy, lightweight birch handles offer excellent control
- Low price is perfect for advanced students