- Item # 1315265
- Model # NXT5a-VN-BK
The NXT Electric Violin opens up a new horizon for the serious musician seeking to play a world-class electric violin on a limited budget. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of NS Design's re… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Black and elegant, active output.
The NXT Electric Violin opens up a new horizon for the serious musician seeking to play a world-class electric violin on a limited budget. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of NS Design's renowned CR series, these instruments exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value. Good ergonomics, including light weight, are critical performance factors for any electric violin. With their familiar left hand landmarks, including the removable reference bout, NXTa series instruments are remarkably easy to play. Starting at just 585 grams, they set the pace as some of the lightest electrics on the market.Using set screws, the rock-maple bridge can be readily adjusted to the desired action height—high and powerful, low and fast, or anywhere in between. A contoured ebony chin rest is standard. The standard Custom Shoulder Rest is adjustable, and can be formed to fit the chest and shoulder perfectly. The patented tuning system built into the bottom of the body allows quick, easy and precise adjustment, exceptional pitch stability, and easy string changes.At the heart of the NXTa is the Polar™ Pickup System, whose piezo components convert string vibration directly to signal output. This provides a balanced, tonally rich output, offering a wide range of expressive opportunities. Arco and Pizzicato have significantly different vibration characteristics, and the Polar Pickup faithfully captures both.Dual Mode Output: The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa takes the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.Active Mode: Using the supplied charger, plug the NXTa into any AC outlet for 60 seconds to power the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.Passive Mode: The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment. Order today and expand your tonal palette with a single decision.
- Length: 540 mm (21.25")
- Width: 110 mm (4 5/16")
- Thickness: 65 mm (2 9/16")
- Weight: 4 string: 610g
- Scale length: 330 mm (13")
- Body/neck: solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (satin black model) or flame maple face (sunburst model) on body.
- Body reference bout: black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- Fingerboard: hand-graduated, asymmetric relief. Nxta violins are also available with fretted fingerboards.
- Bridge: black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- Strings: NS electric strings standard. Compatible with standard violin strings.
- Precision tuning hardware: 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- Pickup: the polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
Electronics & controls: rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode; tone control (treble roll off); arco/pizzicato toggle switch.
- The custom shoulder rest is a standard with the NXTa violin and can be formed by the player to fit the body perfectly. The contoured ebony chin rest supplied with the instrument is designed to work comfortably in tandem with the custom shoulder rest.