Open the door to explore new musical sounds and ideas.
Recording using the X-Amp has many benefits: once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving 2 amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created allowing the engineer-producer to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, Class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, direct and isolated guitar amplifier outputs, 180 polarity reverse to bring both amps into phase, and dual ground lift options for noise-free operation.
Built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance, the Radial X-Amp boasts a welded I-beam internal skeleton with a separate housing for maximum protection of the circuit board. The outside bookend cover provides a protective zone for the switches, potentiometer, and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation.
- Input (XLR connector): Balanced 600 ohm, +4dB Line level, AES standard Pin-1 hot
- Input level: +4dB balanced line level
- Input impedance: 600 Ohms
- Out-1 (1/4" connector): Unbalanced 10kOhm guitar signal, direct coupled
- Out-2 (1/4" connector): 10k-Ohm guitar signal, transformer isolated
- Output level: continuously variable
- Output impedance: 5K-Ohms
- Audio signal path: 100% discreet component Class-A circuit
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Power requirement: 15VDC 400mA - center positive
- Construction/finish: 14-gauge steel chassis & shell/baked enamel finish
- Size: 3-5/16"W x 5"L x 1-7/8"D (84mm x 127mm x 48mm)
- Weight (boxed): 2.6lb (1.8kg)
- Warranty: 3 years limited (see owner's manual for details)
- Active reamping device
- 100% Class-A signal path
- Two outputs to drive two amps
- Input level overload LED indicator
- Isolated output eliminates ground loops
- Variable output level control
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Titanium dioxide (airborne, unbound particles of respirable size), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Lead, which is known to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.