- Item # 1429533
- Model # REV630-15
The Revelle 630 viola—due to its construction of master-grade, beautifully flamed maple back and carefully selected Russian spruce top—produces powerful and refined tones and dark and earthy nuance. I… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
The viola for a new musical generation.
The Revelle 630 viola—due to its construction of master-grade, beautifully flamed maple back and carefully selected Russian spruce top—produces powerful and refined tones and dark and earthy nuance. It’s an ideal viola for a budding performer. Available in 15” and 16” sizes. Choose your size and advance your playing with Revelle. Order today.
- Wood: Fine Russian spruce top and well-flamed maple back naturally air-dried for 15-20 years.
- Varnish: Hand-applied, finest quality spirit varnish with a lightly antiqued finish.
- Fittings: French-made Despiau one-tree bridge, Wittner-style tailpiece, and well-aged ebony pegs.
- Strings: Known world-wide as the “reference standard,” Dominant strings—made with a highly flexible, multi-strand synthetic core—provide the tonal warmth and feel of a gut string while being impervious to changes in humidity. The sound is soft, clear with a stable intonation and they are rich in overtones.
- Professionally installed and 100% sound adjusted in the U.S. for reliable and comfortable playability and optimal sound.
Revelle Model 630 Viola
- Maker experience is 12+ years
- The 15” viola uses a Strad pattern; the 16” viola uses a Mahler pattern.
- Hand-applied mildly-antiqued spirit varnish
- Aged 15+ year plus Russian solid spruce top
- Aged 15+ year plus Russian flamed solid maple back, sides, neck and scroll
- Seasoned Ebony fittings
- Wittner Ultra Tailpiece
- Guaneri-style chinrest
- French-made one-tree Despiau Bridge
- Thomastik-Infeld Alphayue viola strings