An innovative musical toolbox with creative chord sequencing and authentic JUNO-60 sound.
The Roland AIRA Compact J-6 Chord Synthesizer is an endless well of musical inspiration, pairing a powerful chord sequencer with the lavish tones of the renowned JUNO-60 synth. Generate soul-stirring song ideas in seconds, and experiment with styles and variations to coax dancing lines and rhythmic patterns from your chords. Add lush effects to frost your sound, and expand your possibilities by interfacing with other AIRA Compacts, MIDI hardware and music production software.
Choose Your Chords
With 100 chord sets spanning a wide range of genres, you’ll always find fresh fuel for songs and jams with the Compact J-6. There’s no need to know chords or theory to make cool music—simply call up a set and compose chord progressions on the fly with one-touch presses on the keyboard. Generate ideas for new tunes, create accompaniment for live performances or send chord information to other MIDI gear.
Move and Groove
Using the AIRA Compact J-6's style banks and variations, it’s easy to infuse static chords with dynamic energy and compelling movement. Transform an idea with sweeping arpeggios and rhythmic phrases, and keep the groove running nonstop with a press of the hold button.
Craft Your Next Hit
Once you’ve got a chord progression in mind, bring it together with the AIRA Compact J-6's chord sequencer. There are 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each, and you can quickly enter chords, style variations, single notes and tempo changes in each step to mold your masterpieces.
Tweak and Tweeze
After you’ve captured a pattern on the J-6, hit play and inject even more color with tactile controls. Select different synth presets, tweak the filter and envelope in real time—and complete the picture with customizable reverb and delay effects.
Historic JUNO Sound
The AIRA Compact J-6 puts the influential synth sound behind decades of hits into your pocket or backpack. Roland’s acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology realizes the famous JUNO-60 voice in flawless detail, complete with 64 presets derived from the original. Use the J-6 engine with the chord sequencer, play it from the onboard keyboard or an external MIDI controller, or use it as a sound module in an expanded setup.
Expand Your Vision
The AIRA Compact J-6 has the connectivity you need to integrate with other AIRA Compacts and larger music rigs. Back your chord creations with drums and bass from the T-8 Beat Machine—and add evocative vocal textures with the E-4 Voice Tweaker. Or, interface with computer DAWs, mobile music apps and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Everywhere at Once
Compact and convenient, the AIRA Compact J-6 is ready to deliver instant inspiration everywhere you go. The lithium-ion battery provides up to 4.5 hours of runtime per charge, while the rugged Roland build ensures years of musical pleasure.
- User Patterns: 64
- Sequencer: Maximum measures: 64
- Instrument preset patches: 64
- Effects: DELAY, REVERB
- Display: 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- SYNC (IN, OUT) jacks: Miniature phone type
- MIX (IN, OUT)/PHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB Type-C (audio, MIDI)
- Power supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, powered via USB port
- Current draw: 500mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approx. 4.5 hours
- Expected battery charging time: Approx. 3 hours
- *To charge, use a USB port of a computer or a USB power supply adaptor (5V, 500mA or higher)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 7-7/16" x 4-3/16" x 1-7/16"
- Weight (including batteries): 11 oz.
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- Portable song creation machine with professional Roland sound and features
- Create with 100 chord sets spanning classic and contemporary music genres
- Add arpeggios and rhythmic phrases to chords via nine styles with 12 variations each
- Programmable chord sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 64 steps each
- Four-voice JUNO-60 synth engine with authentic sound realized through Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology
- Includes 64 ready-to-play synth presets derived from the original JUNO-60
- Filter and envelope controls for shaping synth sounds in real time
- High-quality delay and reverb effects with customizable settings
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI and sync I/O, plus AIRA Link
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables