For over a generation, the standard Schilke trombone mouthpiece models have been accepted as the top choice for the serious trombone or euphonium player. These classic models feature comfortable rim profiles and unique cup shapes.
- 40B: 22.51 mm, .886" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Extremely small inner rim diameter and shallow B cup. This mouthpiece, with its wide-rounded rim, works well for the trumpet player who doubles on trombone.
- 40: 22.53 mm, .887" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Since the cup diameter is small, the upper register is improved. In addition, the tone has considerable projection. It is excellent for the bass trumpet and valve trombone.
- 42B: 22.99 mm, .921" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – this mouthpiece is well suited for the small tenor trombone and lead or commercial playing.
- 42: 23.22 mm, .914" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Slightly larger diameter and deeper than the 42B, the 42 features a standard C cup.
- 43A: 23.57 mm, .924" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – this mouthpiece was designed for the lead trombone player desiring an easy high register.
- 44E4: 24.28 mm, .956" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Though a small cup diameter, this mouthpiece offers a very deep E cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 45B: 24.30 mm, .953" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Contour profile – designed for the lead trombone player with a larger cup volume than the 43A.
- 45: 24.38 mm, .953" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The semi-flat rim has a high point close to the center of the mouthpiece which allows for a great deal of flexibility. Ideally suited for the beginner trombone player.
- 46: 24.54 mm, .966" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Slightly larger than the 45, this is also a good beginner’s mouthpiece.
- 46D: 24.76 mm, .975" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. The cup diameter and volume is slightly larger than the 46, producing a full, resonant tone. Also recommended for the younger baritone/euphonium player.
- 47B: 24.87 mm, .979" cup diameter; C throat. Contour profile – this mouthpiece is a good all-around mouthpiece for the jazz player that is requiring quick response and a resonant high register.
- 47: 24.99 mm, .984" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. For both professionals and students alike, this outstanding mouthpiece combines good response with superior tone quality and intonation.
- 47C4: 25.10 mm, .988" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. Like the model 47 but with a slightly wider, semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 50: 25.40 mm, 1" cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Particularly adapted to the medium and medium-large bore tenor trombones. The Schilke standard options make this a fine all- around mouthpiece.
- 50C4: 25.40 mm, 1" cup diameter; F throat. The medium-deep cup and medium-wide rim make this mouthpiece an outstanding choice for medium and large-bore tenor trombones, combining a rich, full sound with a high level of efficiency and playability.
- 51B: 25.63 mm, 1.01" cup diameter; F throat. This mouthpiece incorporates a large diameter with a medium-small B cup and small throat.
- 51: 25.63 mm, 1.01" cup diameter; J throat. A large bowl shaped cup producing a rich tone quality. Ideally suited for large bore tenor and orchestral performers.
- 51C4: 25.63 mm, 1.01" cup diameter; J throat. Similar to the model 51 with a slightly shallower cup and semi-flat number 4 rim.
- 51D: 25.55 mm, 1.005" cup diameter; J throat. One of the most popular, this mouthpiece offers a very large D cup and is excellent for the strong player. It is particularly suited for the euphonium, producing a full dark tone.
- 52: 25.78 mm, 1.015" cup diameter; 17/64 throat. Slightly larger diameter than the model 51, this mouthpiece produces a slightly broader sound.
- 52D: 25.78 mm, 1.015" cup diameter; 1/4" throat. Like the 51D, the large D cup makes this mouthpiece ideal for symphonic trombone playing. Also a good choice for the euphonium player requiring a larger diameter than the 51D.
- 52E2: 25.91 mm, 1.020" cup diameter; J throat. With its extremely deep E cup and narrower, rounder number 2 rim makes this mouthpiece an ideal symphonic choice for the robust player. Also a good choice for Euphonium player requiring more cup volume than the 52D.
- 53: 26.24 mm, 1.033" cup diameter; 15/64 throat. This combination of large cup diameter and bowl shape is widely favored by those who desire a rich full sound.
- Available sizes: 40BGP, 40GP, 42BGP, 42GP, 43AGP, 44E4GP, 45BGP, 45GP, 46GP, 46DGP, 47BGP, 47GP, 47C4GP, 50GP, 50C4GP, 51BGP, 51GP, 51C4GP, 51DGP, 52GP, 52DGP, 52E2GP, 53GP
- Finish: Gold-plated
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.