- Item # 1164025
- Model # TRAHW
The Model AHW is a variation on the standard Shires Model A trumpet with a heavier bell that helps to maintain its characteristic warmth and focus at louder dynamics, while providing a more veiled sou… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Heavier bell, great dynamics.
The Model AHW is a variation on the standard Shires Model A trumpet with a heavier bell that helps to maintain its characteristic warmth and focus at louder dynamics, while providing a more veiled sound at lower dynamics. This trumpet produces a powerful, singing tone with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. The centered bell taper produces a focused sound and facilitates projection. The WH leadpipe provides an ideal combination of stability and flexibility; the free-blowing character compliments the centered bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase the core and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. The Model AHW makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings. The Model AHW trumpet includes a case.
S.E. SHIRES Model AHW Series Bb Trumpet
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .459-inch
- Bell: 4-13/16-inch one-piece hand hammered œA (centered) taper in heavyweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate