Shires designs with Eastman production.
Using the resources of S.E. Shires' parent company, the Eastman Music Company, S.E. Shires has been able to develop a more affordable class of professional brass instrument, the Q Series. These instruments represent the philosophy of Eastman Music Company, to produce the finest musical instruments at every price point. Q Series are entry-level professional instruments that have many of the same features as their custom counterparts. When you purchase a Q Series instrument you join the S. E. Shires family, a family that includes some of the finest professional musicians in the world.
- Bore: .459 inch
- Q10 Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “Q” (centered) taper in yellow brass with round brass bead
- Q05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- QW Tuning Slide
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and model designation
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes Q Series trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit