- Item # 1569805
- Model # 729743X2
If there is a single piece of analog processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000 B console in 1976 and throu… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
If there is a single piece of analog processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000 B console in 1976 and through many generations of SSL consoles that have followed, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section. For many of the world’s top engineers and producers, the Bus Compressor continues to be the most relied upon processing tool for making mixes sound bigger and more complete, with drive and energy from adding that legendary SSL glue and punch. With THE BUS+, Solid State Logic have been on a mission to create the ultimate and most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever. The bedrock of the design remains faithful to the original circuit and using this as the foundation, they’ve built upon it, adding several unique colouration options and advanced processing tools. If you need it to be clean and punchy like the SuperAnalogue 9000 Series version, it can be. If you need it to be gritty and grungy like an early 4000E, it can do that also. Or if you need over-the-top, saturated parallel compression for the drums, THE BUS+ has got you covered. THE BUS+ circuit design not only utilizes high-grade components, such as the 2181 THAT VCAs in the audio path for superior analogue performance, it is also incredibly flexible, offering four modes of operation and three distinct compression colouration options that can be combined to perfectly suit the genre you’re working on. As if that wasn’t enough, THE BUS+ features an all-new Dynamic Equalizer, a Transient Expander and comprehensive connectivity and routing options. Order the Bus+ 2-channel bus compressor and dynamic equalizer now.
- The ultimate, most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit utilizing high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs
- Four modes of operation: Classic Stereo, S/C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side
- New Attack and Release time constant options—more flexibility to shape the Bus Compressor, including the new Auto 2 setting
- Outstanding sonic performance and stepped pots designed for mastering and precision processing applications
- Built-in 2-band Dynamic EQ (D-EQ)
- Transient Expander
- Configurable processing order—Bus Compressor pre D-EQ (default) or post
- External side-chain inputs and sends
- Variable side-chain High-Pass Filter control up to 300Hz in 10Hz steps
- Mix control for instant parallel compression
- Three distinct compression colouration options, which can be combined or used individually
- 4K Mode—single VCA operation with variable harmonic distortion to bring some grit and grunge to the mix
- LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion caused by compression, cleaning up the bottom end
- F/B Mode alters the compression characteristics for a more relaxed style of compression
Solid State Logic The Bus+ 2-Channel Bus Compressor and Dynamic Equalizer
- Inputs: 2 XLR
- External Inputs: 2 XLR
- Outputs: 2 XLR
- External sends: 2 XLR
- Power supply: Auto-ranging 100–240VAC
- Operating power: 38W
- Sleep power: <1W
- Auto-sleep power: 10W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 3.5" x 11.9"
- Weight: 13.1 lb.