- Item # 1314691
- Model # MS-AMP
The amplifier (AMP) is a 2 stage Class A discrete design that uses three pairs of hand-matched transistors. Its envelope is usually applied to ST1/1. ST1/2 goes through an attenuverter and can be used… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Modular amp with matched transistors for reliable behavior.
The amplifier (AMP) is a 2 stage Class A discrete design that uses three pairs of hand-matched transistors. Its envelope is usually applied to ST1/1. ST1/2 goes through an attenuverter and can be used for envelope or modulation. ST2/1 goes to the second stage, and is typically used for volume control. ST2/2 goes through an attenuverter and is typically used for modulation.The AMP, the 5089, and the 3003 are Class A circuits. They draw more current from the +12 rail than from the -12 volt rail. Boomstar Modular AMPs are hand-built entirely in the US.Potentiometer PotentialTwo attenuverters and two attenuation pots control the INPUT, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV2, and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.Switch it UpUber useful continuous hypnotic DRONE for endless sustain/release, and DRIVE—the overdrive circuit from the Boomstar desktop—for last stage energy, bite, soft clipping, and gonzo '70's era "Distortion +" crunchy fuzz.Patch it UpSix patch points: INPUT, ST1 CV1, ST1 CV2, ST2 CV1, ST2 CV2, OUTPUT.
All Controls and Patch Points
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- ST1 CV2 – Adjusts stage 1, control voltage 2.
- ST2 CV2 – Adjusts stage 2, control voltage 2.
- DRONE – Sustains the last note received.
- DRIVE – Final output stage overdirve/saturation.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- ST1 CV1 – Stage 1, control voltage 1 input.
- ST1 CV2 – Stage 1, control voltage 2 input.
- ST2 CV1 - Stage 2, control voltage 1 input.
- ST2 CV2 – Stage 2, control voltage 2 input.
- OUTPUT – Audio output.
- Size - 8hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 35mA, 12mA (+12 / -12)