Three key pieces of gear for solid recording—now it's time to lay it all down.
This Warm Audio recording bundle features the WA12 MKII mic pre, WA-67 tube condenser microphone and a Premier 15' XLR cable for an excellent foundation to any studio.
WA12 MKII Mic Pre
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal, you will most definitely love the WA12 MKII mic pre. The WA12 MKII mic pre is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into an exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12 MKII Mic Pre. The WA12 MKII Mic Pre is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier design with high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise and exciting sonic performance–great for all types of recording applications. A high-quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive "larger than life" sound, and the WA12 MKII Mic Pre is more than capable of delivering.
The WA12 MKII mic pre is based around a discrete op-amp, the X731, which is a reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731, considered by some to be the warmer predecessor to the modern 2520-style op-amp. The X731 can achieve vibrant, clean and lifelike tones; but can also be driven into mild saturation at much higher gain levels. The effects can be subtle, but very pleasing to the ear. The WA12 MKII Mic Pre Black can also accept any discrete op-amp on the market which conforms to the +/-16V, 2520 pinout standard.
WA-67 Tube Condenser Microphone
Based on an EF86 pentode tube, and having the same smooth and creamy tone of the original, the Warm Audio WA-67 excels at recording just about anything that you put it in front of. It may immediately become your go-to choice for vocals, guitars, drum toms and overheads, pianos, brass and strings.
The sound and vibe of the original ’67 is reproduced in the WA-67 recreating the capsule from the original ’67, making sure that character as the original. The microphone is also encased in a beautiful nickel-plated brass body and headbasket, which provides strength, additional shielding from extraneous handling noise and the ultimate in audio performance.
XLR Microphone Cable 15'
The Premier XLR cables from Warm Audio offer advanced features like gold-plated connectors, StarQuad construction, Double-Reussen shielding and a braided outer wrap for optimal durability. StarQuad construction achieves greater protection from induced noise than traditional XLR cables by using five cores instead of three, and Double-Reussen shielding uses two separate copper shields wrapped in a contrary direction to create the strongest resistance to EMI available.
- Tone button: Switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms
- Mic level balanced input: XLR
- Hi-Z input: 2 megaohm, on front panel
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4" TRS
- Power: 48V phantom
- Switchable 115/230V IEC power inlet
- Built with high-quality components with performance in mind
- Utilizes premium-grade input and output USA cinemag transformers
- Output attenuation control (after the cinemag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into
- Fully discrete design with a robust 71dB of gain
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style op-amp
- Sends instrument signal through entire circuit, including both cinemag transformers and discrete opamp–great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4" output jack
- Can be replaced with other 6-pin "2520 footprint" op-amps for varying tone
- Large-diaphragm studio condenser microphone
- Custom large-core Swedish
- Lundahl transformer
- Custom all-brass large
- K67-style vintage capsule re-creation
- High-bandwidth polystyrene capacitors
- Boutique capacitors from Wima and Solen
- Nickel-plated brass microphone body and head basket for ultimate acoustic performance
- Premium Swiss Gotham 7-pin tube cable
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-of-Eight
- Switchable –10dB pad
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohm
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Microphone includes: wood box, shockmount, hardmount, power supply, 7-pin mic cable