- Item # 1538575
- Model # X8-DJ-MSTR-JF-L
The X8 Drums Malibu Master Series Djembe features an intricate carving in the base of the drum, unique blue rope, a rubber tire base to keep your drum stable (and protect floors) and a premium grade,… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Handmade, professional instrument made with mahogany wood.
The X8 Drums Malibu Master Series Djembe features an intricate carving in the base of the drum, unique blue rope, a rubber tire base to keep your drum stable (and protect floors) and a premium grade, thick goatskin drum head.An advanced drum head installation technique was used for this drum, where the head overlaps the top ring of the drum. Pro players appreciate this type of head because it feels more comfortable and natural during performances.The Master Series djembes are handmade, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous quality control process, ensuring the shell is crafted from top quality mahogany hardwood. All wood used is all legally harvested, government certified to be legal timber and is part of a replanting program. Also, due to the specialized shell shape, only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for the Master Series line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for a "Master" Series.The selected drum shell is then lathed and hand carved. Every Master Series djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range. Take special note of the neck ring on this djembe. It is made from forged steel that has been specifically fitted for each individual drum. The ring locks into a hand carved groove, locking the ring system into place. This system allows for more precise and long-lasting tuning.Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.All X8 Djembes come with two complimentary lessons by X8 Drums, so you can learn to tune and play your new drum. Beautifully intricate, with tones you'll love playing. Order your Malibu Master Series djembe today.
- 25.5" Tall x 13.5" Head
- Includes 2 free djembe lessons
- Legally harvested, environmentally sustainable mahogany wood, one-piece, solid shell construction
- Low stretch Alpine nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected natural, unbleached goatskin drumhead
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood