- Item # 1534252
- Model # X8-DJ-MSTR-B-M
The Master Series djembes are handmade, custom-carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. The X8 Drums Seaside Master Series Djembe features cowrie seashells embedded in… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Handmade, carved mahogany wood with goatskin heads produce beautiful tones.
The Master Series djembes are handmade, custom-carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. The X8 Drums Seaside Master Series Djembe features cowrie seashells embedded in the base of the drum. A rubber tire base keeps your drum stable (and protects any floors) and a premium grade, thick goatskin drum head provides durability and excellent tone.An advanced drum head installation technique was used for this drum where the head overlaps the top ring of the drum. Pro players appreciate this type of head because it feels more comfortable and natural during performances. Each drum goes through a rigorous quality control process ensuring the shell is crafted from quality mahogany hardwood. All wood used is all legally harvested and government certified to be legal timber, and is part of a replanting program. Also, due to the specialized shell shape, only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for the X8 Drum Master Series line meets the size, shape and quality criteria for a Master Series.The selected drum shell is then lathed and hand carved. Every Master Series djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range.The neck ring on this djembe is made from forged steel that has been specifically fitted for each individual drum. The ring locks into a hand-carved groove, locking the ring system into place. This system allows for more precise and long-lasting tuning.All X8 Djembes come with two free Djembe Lessons. Learn to Tune and play your new drum with these complimentary lessons by X8 Drums.Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art. Order today for a beautiful djembe you'll love playing for years to come.
- 24" Tall x 12" Head (note: each drum is hand-carved and size will slightly fluctuate)
- Ships with 2 free djembe lessons
- Legally harvested, environmentally sustainable mahogany wood
- One-piece, solid shell construction
- Low stretch Alpine nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected natural, unbleached goatskin drumhead
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood