- Item # 1556187
- Model # YV-3030MSD
The YV-3030MS 3.0 Octave Intermediate Vibraphone is positioned between the student and high-end market segments, offering performance that will satisfy a broad spectrum of users, from junior high scho… Learn More
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Get soft, warm Yamaha tone with improved control.
The YV-3030MS 3.0 Octave Intermediate Vibraphone is positioned between the student and high-end market segments, offering performance that will satisfy a broad spectrum of users, from junior high school and high school students to advanced players. The tone bars are made of the same aluminum alloy used in Yamaha celestas, producing a soft, warm tone that blends beautifully with other instruments in ensembles. The gas spring height-adjustment system previously only used in Yamaha’s high-end keyboard percussion instruments is now provided in their educational and semi-concert models as well, allowing students of any height and physique to play in ideal posture with simple operation. Vibration-damping rubber joints make height adjustment even easier by eliminating the need to maintain the instrument level while adjusting height. This also reduces floor noise that can occur while the instrument is played. In previous models, the damper and damper pedal were linked by a metal rod that could be accidentally bent if the user attempted to adjust the instrument's height without first loosening the rod's wing bolts. In the new models, the metal rod has been replaced by a belt, which eliminates this problem. Since the wing bolts are replaced by a buckle, they can't be misplaced or lost. Using a belt also prevents slippage when pressing the damper pedal. The damper mechanism in this model moves perpendicularly to the natural and accidental tone bars, and contacts them evenly for improved damping—in contrast to conventional damper mechanisms that use a pivoted damper arm. This mechanism is also safer because it eliminates parts that could catch fingers. Order the 3.0 octave intermediate vibraphone now.
- Tone bars are made of the same aluminum alloy used in Yamaha celestas for soft, warm tone
- Gas spring height adjustment easily allows players of any height to play in ideal posture
- Vibration-damping rubber joints (JP patent: 6579130) make it easier to adjust height
- Damper belt ensures safe and simple damping mechanics, and prevents slippage while using the damper pedal
- Parallel action damper for safer, more even damping than conventional dampers
Yamaha 3.0 Octave Intermediate Vibraphone
- Range: F33–F69 (3 octaves)
- Pitch: A=442Hz
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Finish: Matte silver
- Width: 1.5" (non-graduated)
- Included: Drop cover, hex key
- Motor: YVD-20 (sold separately)
- Width: 50"
- Depth: 29"
- Height: 26"–33"
- Weight: 77 lb.