- Item # 1556186
- Model # CFM-1414
The CFM-1414 intermediate concert field drum is a 14" drum designed for outdoor performance. It features a deep body that contributes to ample volume and a fat tone. Based on the CSM series design tha… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
The CFM-1414 intermediate concert field drum is a 14" drum designed for outdoor performance. It features a deep body that contributes to ample volume and a fat tone. Based on the CSM series design that is popular for its rich resonance and warm tone, the CFM-1414 features vent holes and a snare bed that have been modified to enhance snare “snap” and response with this model’s deeper body.The CFM-1414 features the same type of maple shell that affords rich resonance and warm tone in the entire CSM Series. The tone remains distinct even in high-volume performance situations, while simultaneously allowing subtle expression.The snare bed (the part of the shell that contacts the snares) is 3.5 mm deep, improving contact with the snares and enhancing snare response, particularly at low volume. Of note: a shallow snare bed tends to emphasize body resonance, while a deep snare bed produces snappier snare response. Order the CFM-1414 Field Drum today.
- Maple 8-ply shell
- Extra-deep snare bed
- Extra-Deep Snare Bed Extra-Deep Snare Bed
- Double-Cut Bearing Edge
- A double-cut bearing edge positions the peak that contacts the head approximately 4 mm inside the shell’s outer circumference. That is slightly further inward than a conventional shell. Because the peak of the edge is centered on the shell wall, contact is optimized and, stress on both the edge and head are reduced for easier tuning and more stable fundamental pitch as well as enhanced attack.
- Double-Cut Bearing Edge Double-Cut Bearing Edge
- Vent Holes
- Although deep shells often result in compromised snare response, vent holes strategically placed at four locations near the snares maintain optimum response in the CFM-1414.
- Vent Holes
- Stainless Straight Snare Cables
- Straight snare cables are an ideal match for the CFM-1414. Straight cables provide slightly greater bottom-head muting than coil cables for snappier overall response that enables crisp phrasing. The inner-snare design makes handling easy.
- Stainless Straight Snare Cables Stainless Straight Snare Cables
- Q-Type Strainer
- This Q-type strainer is easy to operate and provides sure ON/OFF action.
- Q-Type Strainer Q-Type Strainer
- Tube Lugs
- Tube lugs that have minimal contact with the shell are employed to maximize the shell’s resonance. These lugs also equalize tension on the top and bottom heads, distributing the load so minimum stress is placed on the shell.
- Tube Lugs