- Item # 0129342
- Model # YOB-841L
Yamaha oboes achieve a clear sound quality and superb intonation by dramatically improving the precision and stability of the bore. Also to cope with various durability issues inherent in wooden wind… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Resists cracking, sounds great.
Yamaha oboes achieve a clear sound quality and superb intonation by dramatically improving the precision and stability of the bore. Also to cope with various durability issues inherent in wooden wind instruments, Duet+ models employ innovative techniques to form a protective layer next to the air column. The combination of precious wood and state-of -the-art resin is not simply a "Duet" of tradition and technology - it's a "Plus" advantage. The YOB-841L is a brilliant expression of this combined art and technology.The upper joint body is drilled out slightly larger, where a thin ebonite pipe with an oboe bore is adhered. Ebonite is an excellent material for wind instruments, as is proven with top-grade mouthpieces for saxophones and clarinets as well as bassoon liners. Much knowledge was derived from our own bassoon manufacturing, and with further engineering, Yamaha successfully developed oboes with the reliability and warmth of wood.ToneholesEvery tone-hole (except metal octave vents) is lined with POM resin for air-tight, stable contact between each pad. In the rare event that the wood should crack, the damage to the tone-hole profile and intonation would be minimal thanks to the inserts.The trademark logo is engraved on the back of the upper joint.
- Elaborately equipped keywork
- Great sound
- Durable through humidity and temparature changes
- Case included
Yamaha YOB-841 Series Oboe Grenadilla
- System: Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Bore style: American
- Key systems: Identical to models without the 'L' suffix
- Mechanical features: Left-hand F key, Fork F resonance key, Low Bb resonance (vent)
- Trill keys: Low B-C#, low C-Db, C#-D#, D#-E, F#-G#, G#-A, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: 9 cork, 14 felt pads
- Body material: Grenadilla Ebonite Inner-pipe (upper joint)
- Key materials: Silver-plated nickel silver keys
- Toneholes: POM resin (except metal octave vents)