- Item # 1534020
- Model # YV-2030MS
The Yamaha YV-2030MS Vibraphone is designed for the beginning percussionist. The vibraphone is compact and full of Yamaha features that produce full sound. Tone Bar Material The tone bars are made of… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Upgraded design improves playability while producing full sound.
The Yamaha YV-2030MS Vibraphone is designed for the beginning percussionist. The vibraphone is compact and full of Yamaha features that produce full sound. Tone Bar Material The tone bars are made of the same aluminum alloy that is used in Yamaha celestas. The tone bars produce a soft, warm tone that blends beautifully with other instruments in ensembles. Gas Spring Height Adjustment Previously, the gas spring height adjustment was only featured on Yamaha’s high-end keyboard percussion instruments. Now, they’ve added it to their educational models, allowing students of any height and physique to play in ideal posture with simple operation. Vibration-damping Rubber Joints Below Side Frame (Patent Pending) This patent-pending innovation makes adjusting the vibraphone height easier than ever. In previous models, a player had to keep the instrument level while adjusting its height. The vibration-damping rubber joints eliminate the need to maintain instrument level while adjusting height. The vibration-damping rubber also reduces floor noise that can occur when the instrument is played. Damper Belt In the previous percussion models, the damper and damper pedal were linked by a metal rod. This rod could accidentally bend if a player adjusted the instrument’s height without first loosening the rod’s wing bolts. In this vibraphone, the metal rod has been replaced by a belt that eliminates this problem. Since the wing bolts are replaced by a buckle, there is no chance that they will be misplaced or lost. The use of a belt also means that slippage cannot occur when the damper pedal is pressed. Parallel Action Damper Compared to conventional damper mechanisms that use a pivoted damper arm, the damper mechanism in the YV-2030MS moves perpendicularly to the natural and accidental tone bars. It contacts them evenly for improved damping. The new mechanism is also safer, because parts that could catch fingers have been eliminated. Casters The diameter of the casters has increased to 76 mm from 50 mm on previous models. This gives the vibraphone improved mobility. Order today for a solid Yamaha vibraphone for beginning percussionists.
- Perfect for limited budgets, beginning percussionists, or those in need of a compact instrument
- Bars utilize the exclusive Yamaha tuning method for true pitch and a full sound
- Non-graduated bars keep keyboard compact while the silver matte finish produces a warm sound
- Quiet motor, the YVD-10, sold separately. Includes silent pause and silent fan speed slider control, allows musical expression without unwanted noise
- Locking 3 inch casters on the player side are easy to reach, and secure the instrument while playing
- Only essential accidental resonators are used to reduce weight and size for transport
Yamaha YV-2030MS 3.0 Octave Standard Vibraphone
- Range: F33-F69, 3 octaves
- Bar Material: Aluminum alloy
- Bar Finish: Matte silver
- Bar Width: 1 1/4” non-graduated
- Pitch: A=442Hz
- Dimensions: 43” x 29” x 26”-33.5”
- Weight: 68.3 lbs