- Item # 1329653
- Model # 3458X00050
AKG K872 master reference closed-back headphones provide unprecedented accuracy and comfort in production and live sound engineering environments. Custom 53mm drivers with 1.5 Tesla magnet systems del… Learn More
Availability: In Stock & Ready to Ship
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Studio grade headphones, mixing and mastering quality.
AKG K872 master reference closed-back headphones provide unprecedented accuracy and comfort in production and live sound engineering environments. Custom 53mm drivers with 1.5 Tesla magnet systems deliver exceptional headroom for precise imaging, deep low frequencies and extended dynamic range. The optimized closed-back design ensures excellent isolation during tracking, mixing and mastering sessions. The open-mesh headband and 3D-shaped slow-retention foam earcups create a personalized fit for remarkable comfort during long sessions. Created with meticulous attention to every design element and component, the K872 is the new benchmark for headphone performance.The two-layer, copper-covered aluminum voice coil works with the special magnet design to deliver high sensitivity, superior impulse response, and an extended frequency range of 5Hz–54kHz. K872 headphones are extremely versatile, and perform with finesse across a wide range of musical styles and sound sources.Every component of the K872 is torture-tested to ensure premium AKG performance wherever you go. All the mechanically critical parts are made of metal—from the precision cardan hinge to the headband. Details such as the trim ring around the ear cup serve to provide a superior seal for the speaker plate. The K872 is an industry-leading reference headphone that’s built to last. Reveal all the detail in a broad range of program material and today’s high-resolution formats. Order today.
- Optimized closed-back design with 53mm transducers for greatest-in-class headroom and dynamic range
- 1.5 Tesla magnet system for exceptionally accurate imaging and authoritative low-frequency performance
- Two-layer voice coil for superior extended 5 Hz – 54 kHz frequency range
- Open-mesh headband for remarkable comfort and light weight
- 3D-shaped slow-retention ear pads for personalized fit
- Sound-sealing pad profile for excellent isolation
- Removable cable with precision LEMO connector
- Meticulous design incorporating precision metal parts.
- Demanding test regimen ensures reliable operation in the studio and on the road