High-performance boundary layer microphone for capturing music or speech.
The AKG PZM6 D high-performance hemispherical boundary layer microphone is designed for many applications, from miking full orchestras or individual musical instruments to security or teleconferencing, as well as film and video productions. A very small metal housing makes the PZM6 D even more inconspicuous than the PZM30 D. Two selectable frequency responses (flat/rising) provide greater flexibility in mic placement and sonic character. The rising position delivers bright sound without boosting high frequencies on the recording console. The flat position provides a smooth, flat, high-frequency response for natural sound reproduction. The PZM6 D also features a professional XLR connector on a fixed cable.
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Polar pattern: Hemispherical
- Audio frequency bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 7 mV/Pa
- Max. sound pressure level: 150 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 20 dB(A)
- Signal-to-noise level: 74 dB(A)
- Electrical impedance: 240 ohms, balanced
- Recommended load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Powering Interface: 12 - 48 V phantom power
- Audio output: 3-pin XLR (male)
- Finish: Black
- Cable length: 15 ft.
- Length: 3"
- Width: 2.5"
- Height: 0.4"
- Net Weight: 6.5 oz.
- Hemispherical polar pattern for intelligible pickup of sound from any direction
- PZM (Pressure Zone Microphone) technology prevents sound coloration from surface reflections
- Switchable dual-frequency response for enhanced flexibility in mic placement and sonic character
- Small, lightweight metal housing for mobile and studio applications
- Fixed cable with XLR connector for easy handling