- Item # 1008701
- Model # VX5
The Audix VX5 is a hand-held vocal condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.With a smooth frequency response of 40Hz - 16.5kHz (plus or minus 3… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Stylish and innovative.
The Audix VX5 is a hand-held vocal condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.With a smooth frequency response of 40Hz - 16.5kHz (plus or minus 3 dB), the VX5 microphone features a 14mm gold vapor diaphragm, a supercardioid polar pattern, a -10dB pad, a bass roll-off filter, an acoustically ported steel mesh grill screen, and a rugged die cast zinc body. The VX5 will handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140dB (in the pad and roll-off position) without distortion and will additionally provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection for feedback control on live stages. The Audix VX5 operates on phantom power of 9-52 volts and will achieve optimum results when used with a high quality mic preamp. In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 mic is ideally suited to capture acoustic instruments such asguitar, woodwinds, brass, percussion toys, and drum overheads and hi-hat.
- Extremely smooth and accurate response
- Perfectly balanced for handheld use
- -10 dB pad and bass roll-off
- Handles high sound pressure levels
- Excellent gain before feedback
- Low handling noise
- Pop resistant grill
- Supplied Accessories: gMC1 - High quality nylon mic clip adjustable through 180 degrees with a standard 5/8 inch ”27 thread. (Note: metal adapter also supplied to accommodate European standard threads).
Audix VX5 Handheld Supercardioid Condenser Microphone
- Transducer Type: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response 40 Hz-16.5 kHz ±3 dB
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 6.9 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB (A weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB
- (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Off axis rejection: >20 dB
- Maximum SPL: >140 dB (w/-10 pad)
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold platedmale
- XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Die cast zinc
- Weight: 8 oz / 227 grams
- Finish: Black E-coat