An iconic microphone with outstanding technical properties.
The beyerdynamic dynamic double-ribbon microphone M 160 is unique in terms of sound, production and history. And it features outstanding technical properties. This makes it predestined for a variety of sound sources such as electric guitar amplifiers, hi-hats or overhead. Its hypercardioid polar pattern is unique. Due to the extremely complex production process, the microphone can only be made by hand by a few employees of beyerdynamic at the company's location in Heilbronn, Germany. Like its famous adopters, the M 160 has achieved cult status. The microphone, which has been manufactured since 1957, was inducted into the NAMM TEC Awards Technology Hall of Fame in 2019.
- Iconic double-ribbon microphone
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Exceptional on electric guitar amp, hi-hat and overhead
- Balanced treble reproduction, high impulse fidelity and very good transient reproduction
- Handmade in Germany since 1957