- Item # 1492531
- Model # MER-1465-SN
The British Drum Co.'s Merlin’s 20-ply shell consists of alternating vertical and horizontal veneers of two sonically superior hardwoods – maple for focused warmth, and birch for direct brightness. Th… Learn More
Availability: Order Now!
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
If ever there was a wood-shell snare that truly does it all, it’s the Merlin.
The British Drum Co.'s Merlin’s 20-ply shell consists of alternating vertical and horizontal veneers of two sonically superior hardwoods – maple for focused warmth, and birch for direct brightness. The shell is then expertly finished with a black tulip outer veneer inlaid with a tasty double pinstripe of maple.The Merlin’s response spans the sonic spectrum from warm and resonant, to focused cutting projection and everything in between. Simply tune it into your comfort zone, or higher for even more crispness and cut, or down for a funkier, drier sound. The response accuracy of this super-dynamic design is stunningly good, and the critics agree with the Merlin picking up a Music Industry Association award and a 5-star review in Rhythm magazine. Call or click to order today!
- Clean and clear sound that tunes great in both low and high tunings
- Maple and birch, 10.5 mm, 20-ply shell
- Hand cut, 45-degree bearing edges
- Hand cut, 1.8 mm deep snare beds
- Triple flange, 2.3 mm hoops
- 10 Diamond chrome-plated Palladium snare lugs
- Remo coated Ambassador batter head
- Remo Hazy snare resonant head
- BDC Smooth action strainer
- Nyloc lug inserts to prevent de-tuning
- Handmade in Great Britain
- Merlin finish