Humidity-resistant headset mic with omnidirectional pattern.
The DPA 4066 headset microphone offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom. For years, this has been the chosen headset mic for broadcasters as well as theaters on Broadway, as well as in many auditorium and lecture halls due to its pristine sound and durability. The headset construction is unique, with a detachable mic boom that can be switched from the left or right side of the headset and then reattached. Humidity, often an issue in theatrical applications, is not a problem. This microphone is constructed with a double-vent protection system and a drop stopper on the microphone boom. Also, the materials inside the mic are water resistant, making it very difficult for the microphone to fail due to humidity. The microphone’s sensitivity is 6 mV/Pa. This matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. If powered correctly, the microphone will be able to handle very high sound pressure levels up to 144 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
- For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 10 V through DPA adapter
- With DAD6001-BC: P48 (Phantom Power). Will work from 12 V
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot, TA4F Mini-XLR, 3-pin LEMO, Mini-Jack
- Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
- Water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- Dual gold-plating of the diaphragm