- Item # 1127192
- Model # 9970234
The history of the African American people was one of physical hardship and emotional anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle - the spiritual - was one of deeply-felt emotion. This collectio… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
The history of the African American people was one of physical hardship and emotional anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle - the spiritual - was one of deeply-felt emotion. This collection of spirituals, arranged by Rene Boyer-Alexander for voices and Orff instruments, is much more than a mere song collection. It is a chronicle of expression that will enrich and uplift both children and adults in classrooms, choirs, community gatherings and churches. In three volumes or one complete edition, it includes arrangements of over 55 songs, historical background, suggested program uses and cultural connections.Available: Volume I, Volume II, Volume III, Complete Edition. For all ages.
- Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel?
- Do Lord
- Every Time I Feel The Spirit
- Get On Board, Little Children
- Go Down, Moses
- Hold On
- I Got A Shoes
- I'm Goin' Home On The Morning Train
- Joshua (Fit The Battle Of Jericho)
- Little David, Play On Your Harp
- Now Let Me Fly
- Oh Won't You Sit Down?
- The Old Ark's A-Moverin'
- Old Zion's Children March.Along
- Rock-A-My Soul
- Roll De Ol' Chariot Along
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- This Little Light Of Mine
- This Train
- Wade In The Water
- When The Saints Go Marching In
- Who Built The Ark?
- Who Did Swallow Jonah?
Hal Leonard Expressions Of Freedom Volume 3 (Anthlogy of African American Spirituals) by Rene Boyer-Alexander (Orff)
- Series: Expressive Art (Choral)
- Composer: Rene Boyer-Alexander
- Arranger: Rene Boyer-Alexander
- Inventory #HL 09970234
- ISBN: 9780634029202
- UPC: 073999702347
- Width: 8.5"
- Length: 11.0"
- 72 pages