Looks, acts and sounds like a condenser without the added hassles.
The Heil Sound PR40 is a full-range dynamic microphone designed with the ability to reproduce frequencies as low as 28Hz, ideal for live sound, recording and broadcast applications. The unique, copper-wound voice coil uses a mixed metallic magnet structure that creates a magnetic field 10 times stronger than most mics. Coupled with a large 1-1/2", low-mass, quilted aluminum diaphragm, this makes for tremendous low-frequency response and low distortion throughout the PR40 mic's wide-frequency range. A unique dual-pop screen design ensures that breath blasts never hit the diaphragm directly.
- Generating element: Copper-wound dynamic with neodymium magnet structure
- Body: Steel body with zinc die-cast bottom ring
- Frequency response: 28Hz to 18kHz
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output level: –53.9dB @ 1,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: End fire, cardioid, uniform front to back discrimination
- Diaphragm: Large-diameter low-mass aluminum
- Finish: Anodized champagne matte
- Net weight: 1 lb.
- Large 1-1/2" aluminum diaphragm
- Wide frequency response, down to 28Hz
- End fire, cardioid pattern
- Low handling noise
- Natural articulation