Moderate tension strings for rich sound and strong volume.
Larsen Virtuoso violin strings have a moderate tension capable of rich, nuanced sound with exceptional volume. Available in medium and heavy gauges with a ball end, strings in the Virtuoso set are well suited for warm- to neutral- sounding instruments. The heavy gauge allows for a focused, soloistic sound with higher bow resistance, while the medium gauge offers great response, playability and sound modulation. The G and D have a multi-filament core precision-wound with silver; the A has a multi-filament core precision-wound with aluminum; and the E is made of solid unwound carbon steel, available with a ball or loop end.
- G and D: Multi-filament core precision-wound with silver, ball end
- A: Multi-filament core precision-wound with aluminum, ball end
- E: Solid unwound carbon steel, ball or loop end
- Available in medium or heavy gauges
- Features a lower tension than conventional equivalents
- Rich, nuanced sound
- Exceptional volume