Classic Martin sound and style meets ultramodern features for a peak playing experience.
The Martin 000-42 Modern Deluxe acoustic guitar is an updated take on Martin Vintage. It’s packed with custom features and modern technology that you have to see, feel and hear for yourself. Vintage appointments include a spruce Vintage Tone System (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint and natural protein glue construction to provide the rich, fully aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. The look is just as exquisite, with European flamed maple binding on the body, fingerboard and headplate; stylish gold frets; gold open-gear tuners; and an ornate torch logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock. Ultramodern features of the 000-42 Modern Deluxe include Liquidmetal bridge pins with abalone dots and a composite carbon fiber bridge plate that boosts volume, plus a neck shape that is slightly asymmetrical for maximum hand comfort up and down the fretboard.
- Body type: 000-14 Fret
- Top wood: Spruce with VTS
- Back & sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Vintage deluxe
- Nut width: 1.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone nut; compensated bone saddle
- Tuning machines: Gold open-gear
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
- Spruce with VTS (Vintage Tone System) top and East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Mahogany neck in a vintage deluxe profile
- Ebony bridge and fingerboard with abalone inlays