- Item # 1571639
- Model # 10D18AUTHENTIC1937VT
The Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS acoustic guitar is a replication of a 1937 D-18 that stays true to the original with hide glue construction and historically accurate detailing. 1937 was an excellen… Learn More
Reserve Now! This item is backordered but it is available to reserve now. You will not be charged until the item ships.
Ship to Store
2-7 business days
Stunning craftsmanship to capture rich, vintage 1937 tone.
The Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS acoustic guitar is a replication of a 1937 D-18 that stays true to the original with hide glue construction and historically accurate detailing. 1937 was an excellent year for guitars with a perfect storm of craftsmanship, innovation and materials. The D-18 Authentic 1937 features genuine mahogany back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top and it includes an authentic circa-1937 bracing pattern. It has period-correct "18" authentic-style appointments, an authentic neck barrel and heel and, new this year, a more accurate body profile based on dreadnought shapes from the early Golden Era of Martin history. The Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed to age the top and braces, which captures the tone from the 1930s era. Comes with a hardshell case.
- Adirondack spruce top with VTS and genuine mahogany back and sides
- Genuine mahogany neck in an authentic 1937 profile
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS Acoustic Guitar
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Top wood: Adirondack spruce with VTS
- Back & sides: Genuine mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped, forward-shifted X brace
- Body finish: Vintage gloss
- Neck shape: Authentic 1937
- Nut width: 1.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Vintage gloss
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Tuning machines: Waverly nickel open-back tuners
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Case: Hardshell case