Roland’s iconic TR drum and TB bass sounds come together in a pocket-sized rhythm powerhouse.
Build beats with the boom, pop and sizzle of sounds from the TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 drum machines, paired with the shapeshifting low end of the dynamic TB-303 Bass Line. The T-8 exudes classic Roland character, thanks to the same Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) tech found in the TR-8S, TB-3 and other high-end AIRA gear.
Loaded with comprehensive I/O, the Compact T-8 is ready to be the rhythmic centerpiece of any electronic music setup. Connect and sync with other AIRA Compacts like the J-6 Chord Synthesizer and E-4 Voice Tweaker. Or, interface with computer DAWs, mobile music apps and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Seven Tracks of Inspiration
The Compact T-8 features six drum tracks and one bass track brought together with a player-friendly interface for fast recording and hands-on tweaks. Capture and fire off 64 patterns with up to 32 steps each, and shape sounds and control parts as you go with an array of dedicated knobs and buttons.
Classic Workflow, Modernized
Backed by the TR-REC step sequencer loved by beatmakers since the 1980s, the Compact T-8 Beat Machine makes it simple to develop ideas without ever stopping the action. Real-time recording, sub steps and velocity further expand the programming power at your fingers. And with deep features like step loop, pattern shift and probability, it’s easy to deliver dynamic performances with constantly evolving grooves.
- User Patterns: 64
- Effects: DELAY, REVERB, OVERDRIVE, SIDE CHAIN
- Display: 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- Rhythm instrument parts: 6
- Bass part: 1
- Steps: 32
- SYNC (IN, OUT) jacks: Miniature phone type
- MIX (IN, OUT)/PHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB Type-C (audio, MIDI)
- Power supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, powered via USB port
- Current draw: 500mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approx. 4.5 hours
- Expected battery charging time: Approx. 3 hours
- *To charge, use a USB port of a computer or a USB power supply adaptor (5V, 500mA or higher)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 7-7/16" x 4-3/16" x 1-7/16"
- Weight (including batteries): 11 oz.
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- Ultraportable rhythm and bass machine with genuine Roland sounds
- Six rhythm tracks with sounds from the influential TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 drum machines
- Bass track with sawtooth/square waveforms and hands-on controls derived from the TB-303 Bass Line
- Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology faithfully recreates the tonality and behavior of vintage Roland instruments
- Classic TR-REC drum sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 32 steps each
- Advanced rhythm programming with probability, sub step, last step and velocity
- Real-time recording and powerful performance features like step loop, mute, fill, reload and pattern shift
- Color and process sounds with delay, reverb, overdrive and side-chain compression
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI and sync I/O plus AIRA Link
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables