Discover a reed ideal for chamber music and recital performances.
The ALTA AMBIPOLY Primo Bb clarinet reed by Silverstein Works is the optimal choice for cane reed players hesitant about trying reeds of a different material. Primo is ideal for performances where timbral quality and precision of execution and articulation are of the utmost importance. Primo requires greater embouchure control and plays with more resistance. The result is a very centered, slightly darker, warm and focused sonority. It gives a traditional authentic clarinet sound with the subtlety and nuance of expression that cane players love. With its rich and lush sonority, Primo excels at blending with other instrumental voices. Discerning cane reed players will find the Primo’s dynamic range, resistance, flexibility and warmth surprisingly familiar.
Expected lifespan: 12+ months
- Concert-ready warm and round sound with immediate response and clarity
- Feels and plays like cane, not strange plastic
- Rich harmonics over a full dynamic range
- Clear altissimo
- Secure articulation and intonation
- Stable to temperature, humidity and altitude variation
- Guaranteed consistency that does not gradually degrade with use
- Absorbs and retains water for harmonic coherence
- Perfectly customizable with your favorite reed tool
- Food-grade synthetic material
- Never splinters, no micro cracks
- Pairs to a mouthpiece like cane